Friday, July 30, 2010

We're still kickin!

Here we are, and here we stay!
Alright, so here is the latest scoop.  After all the complaining about the berry bushes, which turned out to be black berries, we chopped them all down except a couple in the corner.  Seriously folks they were taking over my yard!  Who knew berries were so determined?  That was a couple weeks ago, and they are already coming back with a ferocity not to be underestimated!  Consequently we are digging many of them up, so if you would like some black berries for your yard, you will have to come to our BBQ this Sunday. :D  (Except if your my mom, then you can pick yours up anytime this weekend lol)  Everyone in the neighborhood says they are the best black berries you will ever have the pleasure of eating...ok, moving on.....
We are all doing great in our new house, finally got some pics up, not all, but some lol.  This is a permanent home and all, I can't just throw things on the walls, I don't want holes!  Plus, the walls turned out to be plaster, and I don't know how to fix holes in plaster walls!  Sheetrock I was getting good at, but no clue on the plaster, or how to match the texture that's on there either.  :) Just more obstacles to over come. (they really need an eye-rolly guy on here!)
Oh, and guess what I discovered last night?!  River's room is full of glow in the dark painting!  from the 70's :(  Oh ya, all about the flowers, free love, pot etc.  The worst part is that its all on the one brick wall.  I don't like painting brick, I think its lame.  Oh well, Now he gets to start picking out colors.  (And by 'he' I mean we!)
Alright, finals are on the 13th, and I've got a couple papers to write before then.  Love you all!!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Cute house... I love the 70's paint, lol.