Monday, May 10, 2010

     Wow, am I glad last week is over!  What a horrible week.  Monday morning Rob's cousin, Ryin Rice, passed away.  Now I have never met Ryin, we talked online a few times, but I've never met him face to face.  We are close to his sisters, and his niece and nephew.  His niece, Brianna, babysits for us, in fact, she is the first person I call.  Canyon calls her His Brianna.  His nephew, Seth, is River's best friend, has been since the day they met.  So, although I have never met Ryin face to face, I feel for his family, I morn for him.  Its odd really, it usually doesn't bother me when people pass, but this time was different.  Every time a motorcycle pulls into Harts, I think of Ryin.  Then I feel sad all over again.  He was Catholic, and I was very interested to go, having never been to a Catholic funeral before.  However the boys didn't cooperate.  They had cement floor in their chapel, and EVERY sound echoed.  I think the worst part was that they saw the outdoor playground before we went in.  I have to admit, I was disappointed in the chapel.  I really wanted the neat stained glass windows, the Saint statues, but this was a more modern building.  It was architecturally neat, but much more modern then what I expected.  The gathering at "My Brianna's Grandma's House" was the most interesting group of people I've ever seen all together.  Only Ryin could have brought all those people in one place.  He belonged to two bullet bike groups, his dad is a Harley man, and his mom is a hippy, he belonged to the Catholic Church, but living in Utah, had LDS friends as well.  From the youngest baby to the Harley riding Great-Grandpa with a cane, from the pierced, the tattooed, the chain smoker, the drunk, the Atheist, the Priest, the Mormon, they all came together, they all cheerfully intermingled, telling stories about Ryin.  He must have been one great guy to get all those groups together.  RIP Porkchop

Brianna wrote the obit she has many hidden talents.

No comments: