Friday, April 9, 2010

Cauliflower

At least, I think that's how its spelled...oh well, on to today's recipe. Rob's new favorite side dish is Cauliflower. Now, I'm not such a big fan of it either, but you should really give this one a try before you decide to hate it. Before I get to the recipe, I want to tell you how we got there...It all started with our Best Man, Crystal. Yep, our Best Man was a girl, you'll have to ask in person cause that's not what this post is about. Anyway, she has her own business "Clear Health" in Lindon. She is a RN, and into holistic healing, she actually has a MA in...well, I can't remember exactly what's its called, but it has to do with holistic healing. No, she isn't a crazy anti-medicine person if you need the drugs, then by all means, take them! But, if she can help you naturally, without all the side effects, why not give it a go?? You can follow them on twitter here: http://twitter.com/ClearHealth or on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Lindon-UT/Clear-Health/143128254658?ref=ts Rob went to see her and she talked about how unhealthy we have been eating. Potatoes are full of starch, and carbs, so Crystal told Rob to give Cauliflower a try. She said to make it just like you would make 'real' mashed potatoes. So we got a couple heads, diced them up, and boiled, and boiled until we could stick a fork in it. Then we used a potato masher, and stuck it into the Kitchen Aid and blended it to get it smoother, added some salt, some butter, garlic, and Presto! It was pretty good! I know all that cheese probably wasn't so healthy, but Rob says he will NEVER give up his cheese lol. So go get yourself a head or two and give it a try!


As Crystal says, "Remember to make your plate a rainbow!!" I'm trying! I even bought some broccoli, green pepper, eggplant, jalapeno pepper, and grand bell pepper mix Seeds! Can't wait to get a garden! :D

LOL so I screwed up, don't us milk and cheese, it wasn't as good. I got back home and asked Rob, he just used butter, salt and garlic. So I changed it up above, but just in case...:)

No comments: