Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Loads of changes!

I have to start off by saying sorry for not posting much lately, the weather has just been way too nice to sit at the computer when I only have one boy to push! So once I get the 3 older boys in school, I put Bronco in the stroller, grab the dog and go! We walk/jog for about a hour and a half, the really dumb part is that I usually end up dragging the dog home! How sad is it that I am in better shape then the dog?!?! I really feel bad for not taking him out as much during the winter, I seriously hate the cold! I would walk him to the school and back picking up the boys and whatnot, but seriously, I have never been able to out run a dog! Although my dear friend Misty says that Beagles aren't the most energetic things out there lol. Which is probably why he fits in so well here! :) Yesterday we jogged down to Macey's to return a movie (I was so MAD when all I had was an empty case, as I had left the movie in the DVD player!) and poor Rocky stuck just behind me, in my shadow all the way home! LOL

Drastic change of subject here, I want you to check out this guys blog http://david-j-west.blogspot.com/ He has titled it Nephite Blood, Spartan Heart. I'm reading his first book now and its really good so seriously, get yours today! I picked mine up @ Borders in Provo, or you can order it, "Heroes of the Fallen" at amazon.com. Or, if your in the area, he will be at the AF library May 3nd @ 7pm.

I am starting work at Harts on Sat, so my schedule will be all messed up again, and it will take me a bit to get back on track, so expect that. Sorry Megan, you'll be on your own for dinner ideas! :D

Ok, for dinners I haven't really done much, a lot of cheating really (we had Mac & Cheese with hot dogs last night!) We did fried Chicken with noodles, and home made Mac & Cheese another night...I'll give you the recipe for the home made Mac & Cheese, the kids just love that, and its really versatile. When I say versatile I mean that this recipe is just the bare bones, if all you do is follow the recipe it will lack flavor. You've got to be creative here and add your own blend of spices and meats.

4 Tbsp Butter
4 Tbsp Flour
2 Cups Milk
Shredded Cheese
Noodles (you can use elbows, swirly ones, colored ones, I've used just about all of them except the spaghetti noodles)
Meat

Cook & drain Noodles. In a sauce pan, melt Butter, then add flour. Cook for a bout 30 sec then whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil so it can thicken, then add salt & pepper. When white sauce thickens, add a handful of Cheese (at least lol) and stir until Cheese is melted. Add noodles, meat (kielbasa, little smokies, ham, hot dogs, chicken any really!) and add your spices. Make it colorful again, use green onions, red peppers ect.

ENJOY!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

DANG IT! what am I supposed to do now?!?!?!?!?! hahahaha