Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Here we go again...

I've been a slacker when it comes to blogging lately. You see, its this thing call Facebook, perhaps you've heard of it? I caught me, and I had to fight my way out, I still visit, often, but I've let poor sad facebook know that they can not be the only site I visit anymore. I've just got to keep my options open. So if you see my poor weeping facebook, you'll understand, and please try to cheer him up? Speaking of facebook, why O why does facebook spell checker not recognize facebook as a word? I'm just asking, it seems a bit silly to me, and having all the facebooks underlined in red is becoming a bit distracting! See, now I've gotten completely off track, I began by trying to tell you I was attempting another go at blogging. I've been really trying to make as much food "homemade" as I can. I started with the bread, yes, I make homemade bread at least once a week. In-point-of-fact, I have not bought bread for a couple months now. No, wait, that is a lie, I am staying at my parents with the boys for spring break this week, so I bought a couple loaves so Rob could have something for his lunches. Back to the 'homemade' nonsense. It all started because we need to scrimp up every little penny so that we might finally get a house. I'm fed up with renting, living in white trash neighborhoods. OVER IT! I know, I know, I myself may very well be white trash to a lot of folks, but even I have my limits. When they move into a duplex with 5-6 LARGE dogs, and they find it amusing when their dogs spray my little beagle, yea it kinda ticks you off a bit. I think the worst part was that I was right there, in the kitchen making playdough with the kids, and watching the dogs. I was a warm day, all the doors and windows were open, they, the ADULTS are saying "Shhh, don't tell her!" Lady, I'm not stupid, or deaf so....yea, time to get a house, and a wooden fence! Ok, griping done, onto the sweet "new" recipe I tried out today. This one is from my famous, or is it infamous ;) Aunt Gayle!

1 Hour Cinnamon Rolls

Mix:
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 1/4 Cup Warm Water
3 Tbls Yeast
Add:
1/2 Cup Oil
2 Beaten Eggs
1/2 tsp Salt
Let rest for 15 minutes
Add:
5 Cup Flour, 1 Cup at a time
Knead for 5 minutes
Roll out
1/2 Cup Melted Butter
2 Tbls Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Sugar
Raisins, Nuts ect
Roll and Slice, place in buttered pan, let rest 10 min.
Bake 10 minutes @ 425 degrees or until tops are brown.

Mom drizzled a powdered sugar glaze on top, perfection!
How do you make a glaze?? Simple, its just powdered sugar, milk, and whip until you find the constituency you want. (umm, constituency doesn't look right??)

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Thank you for the updates! We love hearing how you are doing. The kids love the pictures:)